Effective: MAY 25, 2018
Information You Provide to Us
When a user browses our site, they may provide us with certain types of information. Those activities include, but aren’t limited to:
- Creating, accessing, and updating account information
- Placing orders
- Subscribing to newsletters
- Creating or updating subscriptions
- Signing up for notifications
The information provided may include details such as usernames, passwords, email addresses, mailing addresses, phone numbers, order details, payment information necessary to facilitate transactions on the site, and any content they may choose to post or otherwise make available in comments or forum posts.
We may also combine information users provide with data we collect automatically (as further described below).
Information We Collect Automatically
We may collect information automatically about users when they visit our site. This may include details about the user’s browser type and installed extensions, operating system, access times, language, IP address, and referring URLs, along with other similar data.
How We Use Collected Information
We may collect and use users’ personal information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service
- Information users provide helps us respond to their customer service requests and technical support needs.
- To improve your experience on our site
- We may use feedback users provide to improve our products and services.
- We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our users as a group use the services and resources provided on our site.
- To provide personalized experiences
- To offer our users relevant content and recommendations
- To display marketing and advertising tailored to our users on our site and on other sites
- To process payments and fulfill orders
- We use the information users provide about themselves when placing an order only as described in this policy and to process and fulfill that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent appropriate to provide the service.
- To prevent fraud and abuse
- We may use the information contained in orders to prevent fraudulent financial transactions and other illicit activity or violations of our terms of service.
- We may use network addresses and similar data to block or report abusive and harassing users. In cases involving potential harm to individuals, we may submit personally identifiable information to law enforcement or other third parties.
- To send periodic emails
- We may use the email address to send users information pertaining to their orders and accounts. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and other requests.
- If our users so choose, we may send them emails about products, events, promotions, and offers.
How We Protect Your Information
We adopt appropriate practices and security measures designed to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of personal information.
Data exchange between the site and its users happens over a HTTPS secured connection and is encrypted and authorized by digital signatures.
If you place an order with us through this website or request sales information, we retain your information such as your name, email address, phone number, and information related to your request. We may thereafter send you an email regarding new product information and product updates, which you agree shall satisfy any legal requirements that such communications be in writing. You can unsubscribe to product updates and new product release information at any time by contacting us at the address, e-mail, fax, or telephone number below.
We may use the information you provide to us for internal purposes such as administration, product updates, marketing, and to comply with law. However, we will not disclose your personal information to any third party for marketing purposes without your prior written authorization. We may use “cookies” on our website to help us understand what website features are viewed more frequently; your internet browser should provide instructions on how to stop accepting cookies and/or disable existing cookies.
We will never sell your personal information, but may share such information as required by law and/or to prevent unlawful or illegal activity.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or would like to update your contact information or remove yourself from our mailing lists, we can be reached as follows:
Write us: MaxBotix, Inc., Attn.: Chief Privacy Officer, 13860 Shawkia Drive, Ste. A, Brainerd, Minnesota 56401
Email us: [email protected]
Call us: 00-1-218-454-0766
Fax us: 00-1-218-454-0768
By contacting us, we may ask for certain identifying information such as name, email, and/or telephone number, so that we may respond to your inquiry. We may thereafter send you relevant information and communications about our services and products.
We update this policy in our discretion at any time by posting the amended version here or by providing such notice about or obtaining consent to changes as may be required by applicable law. When we do, we will revise the updated date at the bottom of this page. We encourage users to frequently check this page for any changes to stay informed about how we are helping to protect the personal information we collect.
Updated May 21, 2018