Ultrasonic Level Sensors
For Product Developers and Engineers
Thousands of applications supported
- We test our sensors for over 200,000 hours to verify reliability (MTBF)
- We warranty our sensor from a manufacturing defect
We Care About The Success of Your Application
We've helped over 20,000 engineers find sensor solutions for their applications.
Our sensors have been integrated into over 10,000 projects.
How It Works
1. Discuss your application with our support team
2. Choose a Sensor
3. Easily integrate the sensor in your application
Our collaborators serve as case studies to show you how the sensors are being used in an end user application. You can either leverage our Collaborators end product or work with us to find the right sensor for your solution.
Long-range wireless IoT sensor designer and manufacturer
Radio Bridge Inc. provides a general purpose LoRaWAN bridge using MaxBotix sensors to be used in many applications.
- Industries served: retail, industrial, oil and gas, deduction, utilities, security
- Typically used in tank monitoring applications
- Wireless connectivity with LoRaWAN protocol
- Wireless penetration through structures such as walls and floors
Ultrasonic Distance Sensor for Tank Level Measurement
LX Group developed an Ultrasonic Distance Sensor for Tank Level Measurement
- Used in grain silos, water tanks, and dams
- Monitor the level of water tanks remotely
- The plug-and-play product works out of the box and is robustly designed to work in rough environments.
LoRaWAN IoT Distance Sensor
Sweden based company ELSYS uses a sensor from our WR line in their IoT Distance Sensor.
Real world applications include:
- Underground water level measurement
- Waste level measurement in containers
- Snow depth measurement
As you’re searching for the level sensor for your application. You’ll find that you need to select a sensor that best suits your needs for your project.
With that being said, our sensors operate well in different level sensing applications.
How Ultrasonic Level Sensors Work
Ultrasonic sensors work by sending out a sound wave at a frequency above the range of human hearing.
The transducer of the sensor acts as a microphone to receive and transmitter to send the ultrasonic sound.
Our ultrasonic sensors, like many others, use a single transducer to send a pulse and to receive the echo. The sensor determines the distance to a target by measuring time lapses between the sending and receiving of the ultrasonic pulse.
Common uses include:
- Monitoring Flow
Our ultrasonic level sensors are easy to install and low maintenance. They are intended for non-contact level sensing, which means there will be a lack of build up on the sensor face itself.
The level sensors are required to have an unhindered path to the surface you want to detect.
Detect levels & measure distance with a reliable supplier.
Ultrasonic Level Sensor For Tanks
If mounting in a tank, our sensors do offer a narrow beam pattern, reducing the chance the sensor will detect the wall of the tank.
If the tank has smooth walls on the inside, our MB7052 and MB7369 sensors contain our Most-likely and stability filtering. This will let the sensors choose the target that gives the largest acoustic return. This will generally be the liquid level inside of the tank.
The image below shows the ideal mounting of the sensor in a tank.
Tank Mounting Notes
Not sure if our sensors would be the right fit for your application?
Click the button below to contact our team to discuss your project needs.