Add additional chemical resistance to your outdoor sensor
- MB7950 Mounting Hardware
Mounting Hardware for our outdoor sensors
- MB7954 Shielded Cable
Provide stable power to your sensor
- MB7092 XL-MaxSonar-WR
Our most advanced and accurate outdoor ultrasonic sensor
- MB7060 XL-MaxSonar-WR1
Our most popular outdoor ultrasonic sensor
- MB7070 XL-MaxSonar-WRA1
Analog envelope output version of this sensor for easy troubleshooting
- MB7066 XL-MaxSonar-WRL1
Our long range (10 m) outdoor ultrasonic sensor
For larger quantities, please contact MaxBotix Inc. for pricing.
The XL-MaxSonar-WR1 is our most popular weather resistant sensor designed for outdoor detection and ranging.
The weather resistant XL-MaxSonar-WR is a rugged ultrasonic sensor component module. This outdoor sensor provides very short to long distance detection and ranging in a compact, robust PVC housing. The ultrasonic sensor meets the IP67 water intrusion standard and matches standard electrical 3/4‑inch PVC pipe fittings.
High output acoustic power combined with continuously variable gain, real‑time background automatic calibration, real‑time waveform signature analysis, and noise rejection algorithms results in virtually noise free distance readings. This holds true even in the presence of many of the various acoustic or electrical noise sources. The XL‑MaxSonar-WR sensors are factory calibrated to match narrow sensor beam patterns and provide reliable long range detection zones.
The MB7052 is the most advanced filter version of this sensor.
The MB7062 is the stability filter version of this sensor.
The MB7066 is an extra-long range version of this sensor.
The MB7070 is an analog envelope output version of this sensor.
Models with additional chemical resistance are available
The F-Option design modification provides our weather resistant sensors with extra protection against corrosive chemical environments. Ask for the F-Option when ordering.
- Resolution of 1 cm
- 10Hz read rate
- 42kHz Ultrasonic sensor measures distance to objects
- RoHS Compliant
- Read from all 3 select sensor outputs: Analog Voltage, Serial, Pulse Width
- Operates from 3.0-5.5V
- Low 3.4mA average current requirement
- Small, light weight module
- Designed for easy integration into your project or product
- Operational Temperature from -40˚C to +70˚C (-40˚F to +160˚F)
- Real-time automatic calibration (voltage, humidity, ambient noise)
- Firmware filtering for better noise tolerance and clutter rejection
- 200,000+ Hours Mean Time Between Failure
- Weather Resistant (IP67), optional Chemical Resistant F-Option
- Matches standard electrical 3/4-inch PVC pipe fittings for easy mounting (3/4" National Pipe Thread Straight)
- Our most popular outdoor, weather resistant, ultrasonic sensor
- Maximum range of 765 cm (300 inches)
- Long range, narrow detection zone
Volume Pricing (25 or more units): Contact MaxBotix Inc.
MB7060 Datasheet........................XL-MaxSonar-WR1 Datasheet
Ultrasonic Sensor Selection Guide.....Ultrasonic Sensor Selection Guide
Reliability Demonstration.................MTBF Report
XL Chaining Application Notes..........XL AN Output Constantly Looping
High Resolution Pictures..................High Resolution Pictures.zip