Add additional chemical resistance to your outdoor sensor
- MB7950 Mounting Hardware
Mounting Hardware for our outdoor sensors
- Shielded Cable Attach Option
Complete IP67 rating to your sensor
- MB7092 XL-MaxSonar-WR
Our most advanced and accurate outdoor ultrasonic sensor
- MB7060 XL-MaxSonar-WR1
Our most popular outdoor ultrasonic sensor
- MB7068 XL‑MaxSonar‑WRC
Our most recommended compact outdoor ultrasonic sensor
- MB7067 XL‑MaxSonar‑WRC1
Pulse width version of this sensor
For larger quantities, please contact MaxBotix Inc. for pricing.
Product 3D Models
The I2CXL-MaxSonar-WRC now offers an I2C bus interface in our popular outdoor extra-compact housing. This allows for a simple interface and control for up to 127 sensors on a single I2C bus.
The I2CXL-MaxSonar-WRC offers some of our most popular outdoor ultrasonic rangefinders in an extra-compact housing.
For users that can afford the extra mounting size and weight selecting the similar XL-MaxSonar-WR unit is recommended for better performance.
Compact outdoor ultrasonic rangefinder component modules
The weather resistant I2CXL-MaxSonar-WRC is a rugged ultrasonic sensor component module. This outdoor sensor provides very short to long distance detection and ranging in a compact, robust PVC housing. The ultrasonic sensor meets the IP67 water intrusion standard and matches standard electrical 3/4‑inch PCV pipe fittings.
High output acoustic power combined with continuously variable gain, real‑time background automatic calibration, real‑time waveform signature analysis, and noise rejection algorithms results in virtually noise free distance readings. This holds true even in the presence of many of the various acoustic or electrical noise sources. The I2CXL‑MaxSonar-WRC sensors are factory calibrated to match narrow sensor beam patterns and provide reliable long range detection zones.
A few of our most popular outdoor modules have been made available in a lighter, more compact, package.
The MB7040 standard version of this sensor.
- Resolution of 1 cm
- Up to 40Hz reading rate
- Simple I2C bus interface
- Easy control of multiple sensors
- Control up to 127 sensors using two wires
- 42kHz Ultrasonic sensor measures distance to objects
- RoHS Compliant
- I2C Bus interface
- Possible dead zone 0-4 cm, objects closer than 20 cm range as 20 cm
- Operates from 3.0-5.5V
- Low 3.4mA average current requirement
- Small, light weight module
- Designed for easy integration into your project or product
- Operational Temperature from -40˚C to +70˚C (-40˚F to +160˚F)
- Real-time automatic calibration (voltage, humidity, ambient noise)
- Firmware filtering for better noise tolerance and clutter rejection
- 200,000+ Hours Mean Time Between Failure
- Weather Resistant (IP67), optional Chemical Resistant F-Option
- Matches standard electrical 3/4-inch PVC pipe fittings for easy mounting (3/4" National Pipe Thread Straight)
- Extra-compact, IP67 rated, I2C sensor
- Maximum range of 625 cm (300 inches)
- Long range, narrow detection zone
Volume Pricing (25 or more units): Contact MaxBotix Inc.