Manufacturing electronic components in the United States has been one of our most important aspects of our organization. Customer service and Quality are very important as well.
With the low prices we advertise when compared to our competitors, we have been asked where our products are manufactured.
When employees state “Our products are made in the USA,” we have many varied responses.
With electronics, it is almost impossible to be 100% made in the USA, especially with components like micro-controllers, Op amps, and other small electronic components.
With this being said, the FTC has published guidelines for products that would qualify as “Made in the USA”.
To read the full FTC’s “Complying with Made in the USA Standard” document click here.
Made in the USA holds a higher standard of production procedures and quality control than manufacturing in other markets
Why choose Made In the USA?
- In the US, we’re able to provide less expensive, more reliable shipping than if you were getting your sensors imported.
- You have to take risk into account. Certain things may be lost in translation when it comes to shipping. There is also an inherent risk of intellectual property theft when outsourcing your production to another country.
- Our standards for production in the United States are in place to protect the end-users interest.
- The US EPA, (Environmental Protection Agency) requires manufacturers to adhere to strict environmental standards.
- Better employment rates in the US, higher tax collection and better global economies.
- The idea of “Made in the USA” was associated with durable goods manufacturers. Technology is now being integrated into more industries.
- As a US citizen, buying US made products, you’re supporting the US economy and creating jobs for American workers. Production workers aren’t subject to unsafe conditions or low wages.
All of our core components used in the MaxBotix Inc., sensors have gone through QA/QC and are tested in our facility after the sensors have been made.
Every sensor MaxBotix Inc. sells is engineered, assembled, programmed, calibrated, and packaged in the USA.
From receiving the raw material to the final product ready for sale, there are significant transformations that take place.
Our “Made in the USA” claim and use of it:
- The basic components of our products have gone through a significant transformation from the raw materials to the finished product that is purchasable through our facility.
- The cost of labor to create, program, and test our products far exceeds that of all the raw core components
- Finally, there is a significant amount of labor that goes into the creation of our product from the engineering to the testing of all of our products.
We take pride in the fact that our products are engineered, assembled, programmed, calibrated, and packaged in the United States.
It allows us to provide more jobs in our own communities and expand our local workforce as our company grows.
Upholding a certain quality standard in our products and customer service are very important to our process.
We look forward to working with you to make an impact in innovation.
If you wish to discuss this topic further, contact us at [email protected].
For sales inquiries contact our Sales Team at [email protected] or call (218)454-0766
Review this short tutorial on how to use our Product Catalog Filter to narrow down your sensor selection.