Add additional chemical resistance to your outdoor sensor
- MB7958 HR-MaxTemp
For automatic temperature compensation on any of the HR‑MaxSonar
- MB7950 Mounting Hardware
Mounting Hardware for our outdoor sensors
- Shielded Cable Attach Option
Complete IP67 rating to your sensor
- MB7360 HRXL-MaxSonar-WR
Our most popular outdoor ultrasonic sensor
- MB7563 SCXL-MaxSonar-WRLS
RS232 serial output version of this ultrasonic sensor
High Performance Ultrasonic Precision Rangefinder
3/4" NPS WR Housing
Lead time may vary for larger orders
|For pricing of orders with more than 100 units, please complete our Quote Request Form.|
The weather resistant SCXL-MaxSonar-WR self‑cleaning sensor is a rugged ultrasonic sensor component module. This outdoor sensor provides very short to long distance detection and ranging in a compact, robust PVC housing. The ultrasonic sensor meets the IP67 water intrusion standard and matches standard electrical 3/4‑inch PVC pipe fittings.
The MB7583 features a self-cleaning transducer to remove condensation and ice buildup when operating in cold conditions. The sensor accurately applies temperature compensation to every reading, using either the integrated temperature sensor or the optional external temperature sensor (HR-MaxTemp).
The MB7563 SCXL-MaxSonar-WRLST self‑cleaning ultrasonic sensor features a maximum range of 10 meters to large targets. The MB7583 is our most sensitive long-range sensor in the SCXL‑MaxSonar‑WR self‑cleaning sensor line.
High output acoustic power combined with continuously variable gain, real‑time background automatic calibration, real‑time waveform signature analysis, and noise rejection algorithms results in virtually noise free distance readings. This holds true even in the presence of many of the various acoustic or electrical noise sources. The SCXL‑MaxSonar-WR sensors are factory calibrated to match narrow sensor beam patterns and provide reliable long-range detection zones.
MB7563 is the RS232 version of this sensor.
Models with additional chemical resistance are available
The F-Option design modification provides our weather resistant sensors with extra protection against corrosive chemical environments. Ask for the F-Option when ordering.
- Resolution of 1-mm
- Self‑cleaning transducer
- 0.57Hz read rate
- Internal temperature compensation
- 42kHz ultrasonic sensor measures distance to objects
- RoHS Compliant
- Read from all 3 sensor outputs: Analog Voltage, Serial, Pulse Width
- Virtually no sensor dead zone, objects closer than 50cm range as 50cm
- Operates from 2.7-5.5V
- Low 68mA average current requirement
- Small, light weight module
- Designed for easy integration into your project or product
- Operational temperature -40°C to +65°C (-40°F to +149°F)
- Real-time automatic calibration (voltage, humidity, and ambient noise)
- Firmware filtering for excellent noise tolerance and clutter rejection
- Weather resistant (IP67), optional chemical resistant F-Option
- Matches standard electrical 3/4-inch PVC pipe fittings for easy mounting (3/4-inch National Pipe Thread Straight)
- Long, narrow detection zone
- Recommended for long-range, soft-target detection and measurement
- TTL serial data output
- Maximum range of 10 meters (394 inches)
Volume Pricing (100 or more units): Contact MaxBotix Inc.
Documents and Downloads
|Sensor Selection Guide||Sensor Selection Guide|
|SCWR Chaining Notes||SCXL-MaxSonar-WR Chaining|
|RoHS Conformity||RoHS Declaration of Conformity|
|CE Declaration of Conformity||CE Declaration of Conformity|
|Reliability Demonstration||MTBF Report|
|High Resolution Pictures||High Resolution Pictures.zip|
Product 3D Models
These 3D model files will download with a different product name.
|Key Shot||IGES File||ACIS 7.0 File||Solid Works Part|
|STL File||STEP File||ParaSolid Part|