Add additional chemical resistance to your outdoor sensor
- MB7958 HR-MaxTemp
For automatic temperature compensation on any of the HR‑MaxSonar
- MB7950 Mounting Hardware
Mounting Hardware for our outdoor sensors
- MB7954 Shielded Cable
Provide stable power to your sensor
- MB7360 HRXL-MaxSonar-WR
Our most popular outdoor ultrasonic sensor
- MB1220 XL-MaxSonar-EZ2
Our most recommended indoor ultrasonic sensor
- MB1000 LV-MaxSonar-EZ0
Our low cost rangefinder frequently used for people detection
- MB1040 LV-MaxSonar-EZ4
Our low cost rangefinder frequently used in large target applications
For larger quantities, please contact MaxBotix Inc. for pricing.
The weather resistant HRXL-MaxSonar-WR is a rugged ultrasonic sensor component module. This outdoor sensor provides very short to long distance detection and ranging in a compact, robust PVC housing. The ultrasonic sensor meets the IP67 water intrusion standard and matches standard electrical 3/4‑inch PVC pipe fittings.
High output acoustic power combined with continuously variable gain, real‑time background automatic calibration, real‑time waveform signature analysis, and noise rejection algorithms results in virtually noise free distance readings. This holds true even in the presence of many of the various acoustic or electrical noise sources. The HRXL‑MaxSonar-WR sensors are factory calibrated to match narrow sensor beam patterns and provide reliable long range detection zones.
The MB7380 is the TTL version of this sensor.
Models with additional chemical resistance are available
The F-Option design modification provides our weather resistant sensors with extra protection against corrosive chemical environments. Ask for the F-Option when ordering.
- Resolution of 1-mm
- 7.5Hz read rate
- Internal temperature compensation
- 42kHz ultrasonic sensor measures distance to objects
- RoHS Compliant
- Read from all 3 sensor outputs: Analog Voltage, Serial, Pulse Width
- Virtually no sensor dead zone, objects closer than 30cm range as 30cm
- Operates from 2.7-5.5V
- Low 2.9mA average current requirement
- Small, light weight module
- Designed for easy integration into your project or product
- Operational temperature -40°C to +65°C (-40°F to +149°F)
- Realtime automatic calibration (voltage, humidity, and ambient noise)
- Firmware filtering for excellent noise tolerance and clutter rejection
- Weather resistant (IP67), optional chemical resistant F-Option
- Matches standard electrical 3/4-inch PVC pipe fittings for easy mounting (3/4-inch National Pipe Thread Straight)
- Long narrow detection zone
- RS232 Serial Output
Volume Pricing (25 or more units): Contact MaxBotix Inc.