Add additional chemical resistance to your outdoor sensor
- MB7950 Mounting Hardware
Mounting Hardware for our outdoor sensors
- MB7954 Shielded Cable
Provide stable power to your sensor
- MB7092 XL-MaxSonar-WR
Our most advanced and accurate outdoor ultrasonic sensor
- MB7060 XL-MaxSonar-WR1
Our most popular outdoor ultrasonic sensor
- MB7068 XL‑MaxSonar‑WRC
Our most recommended compact outdoor ultrasonic sensor
- MB7067 XL‑MaxSonar‑WRC1
Higher performance version of this sensor
This sensor is not recommended for new product designs
To order please contact MaxBotix Inc at firstname.lastname@example.org
For larger quantities, please contact MaxBotix Inc. for pricing.
Using one of the below models is recommended
Difference from our other outdoor ultrasonic sensors
The LV-MaxSonar-WRC1 offers ultrasonic rangefinding with a 1-inch resolution in an extra-compact housing.
For users that can afford the extra mounting size and weight selecting the similar MB7060 or MB7001 unit is recommended for better performance. Compact rangefinder users are encouraged to check out the MB7067.
Compact outdoor ultrasonic rangefinder component modules
The weather resistant LV-MaxSonar-WRC is a rugged ultrasonic sensor component module. This outdoor sensor provides very short to long distance detection and ranging in a compact, robust PVC housing. The ultrasonic sensor meets the IP67 water intrusion standard and matches standard electrical 3/4‑inch PVC pipe fittings.
High output acoustic power combined with continuously variable gain, real‑time background automatic calibration, real‑time waveform signature analysis, and noise rejection algorithms results in virtually noise free distance readings. This holds true even in the presence of many of the various acoustic or electrical noise sources. The XL‑MaxSonar-WRC sensors are factory calibrated to match narrow sensor beam patterns and provide reliable long range detection zones.
A few of our most popular outdoor modules have been made available in a lighter, more compact, package.
Models with additional chemical resistance are available
The F-Option design modification provides our weather resistant sensors with extra protection against corrosive chemical environments. Ask for the F-Option when ordering.
- 42kHz Ultrasonic sensor measures distance to objects
- RoHS Compliant
- Read from all 3 select sensor outputs: Analog Voltage, Serial, Pulse Width
- Possible dead zone 0-4 cm, objects closer than 12 inches range as 12 inches
- Resolution of 1 inch
- Operates from 3.3-5.0V
- Low 3.4mA average current requirement
- 20Hz reading rate
- Small, light weight module
- Designed for easy integration into your project or product
- Power up calibration
- Some noise tolerance & clutter rejection
- Weather Resistant (IP67), optional Chemical Resistant F-Option
- Matches standard electrical 3/4-inch PVC pipe fittings for easy mounting (3/4" National Pipe Thread Straight)
- Maximum range of 254 inches (645 cm)
- Long range, narrow detection zone
Volume Pricing (25 or more units): Contact MaxBotix Inc.